Please wait while we process your request.
Please wait while we process your request
Please wait while we retrieve the user's information
Your bio is currently empty. Now is a great time to fill in your profile.
This profile is private.
This profile is only shared with friends.
This profile is under review.
We were unable to request friendship with this user.
We were unable to request friendship with this user. Are you logged in?
Your friendship request has been sent to this user.
We were unable to terminate friendship with this user.
We were unable to terminate friendship with this user. Are you logged in?
You are no longer friends with this user.
We were unable to ignore this user.
We were unable to ignore this user. Are you logged in?
This user is now ignored.
We were unable to stop ignoring this user.
We were unable to stop ignoring this user. Are you logged in?
This user is no longer ignored.
We encountered a problem recommending this user.
You have recommended this user.
This blog post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore SpencerKitley. Show Details
This blog post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
CoveritLive engages with more than 1.1 million Academy Awards viewers
2/25/2013, 5:39 PM
By Spencer Kitley
The 2013 Academy Awards proved once again to be the highlight of the United States awards season on Sunday night, as more than 1.1 million Social TV viewers joined CoveritLive events during the evening’s festivities. Over 100 online publications and broadcasters, including People Magazine, Yahoo!, LeMonde, Entertainment Weekly, Bild, CTV and New York Magazine used CoveritLive to engage their audiences with interactive coverage of the Oscars.
CoveritLive coverage of the Oscars was a hit around the globe, garnering large audiences in the United States, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina and Brazil. German publisher, BILD led the pack, entertaining almost 400,000 Oscars’ viewers during its live event.
Events covered every detail of the show, from the pre-show red carpet broadcast, to show host Seth MacFarlane’s opening monologue, all the way until Ben Affleck’s emotional acceptance speech for Argo’s Best Picture honor.
2013 Oscars: CoveritLive Notables
• CoveritLive hosted more than 100 Social TV/Live Blog events during the Oscars and entertained 1,117,167 viewers
• Bild attracted the largest audience with almost 400,000 viewers clicking into its Oscars event
• People Magazine drew the largest domestic audience for the award show, drawing more than 97,000 viewers to its Oscars experience
• The top five CoveritLive Oscars events engaged readers for an average of 25 minutes per-visit
• Thirty different CoveritLive events attracted audiences in excess of 1,000 viewers
• The top 30 CiL events for the Oscars garnered more than 5.1 million page views
• New York Magazine’s Vulture.com landed two events among the CiL Oscars Top 10. The Fug Girls fashion live blog of the red carpet entertained almost 40,000 viewers during the pre-show, while David Edelstein engaged with award show viewers in a separate event during the ceremony.
• CoveritLive topped its almost 1 million Oscars users that used in 2012
Whether you are providing a second screen Social TV experience, live blogging as a primary perspective for viewers or hosting chat events, CoveritLive can be your answer to real-time fan engagement during your next event.
Tags: Oscars , Academy , Academy_Awards , Bild , Yahoo , People , EW.com , CTV , Vulture , SocialTV , Social_TV , LeMonde
We're sorry, we were unable to record your recommendation at this time.
We're sorry. We are unable to delete this blog post at this time.
We're sorry. We are unable to block this blog post at this time.
We're sorry. We are unable to unblock this blog post at this time.
Please wait while we file your abuse report.
We're sorry. We were unable to report abuse at this time.
We limit the number of reactions an individual user can submit over a given period for quality reasons. You have currently reached that limit. Please try resubmitting your abuse report again later.
Comment is too long. Enter 500 characters or less.Send Cancel
Please wait while we send the email.
You may send this to 5 e-mail addresses. Please separate each address with a space.
You'll be hearing from us soon.
CoveritLive is the leading live-event publishing platform. Since its release in 2007, CoveritLive has been used by thousands of writers to engage millions of readers around the world. It is actively used both by traditional bloggers, journalists, major brands and mainstream media.