Run your next CoveritLive event on Facebook to engage with your fans and drive brand site traffic. It's easy to get started.
Adding an Event to Facebook
CoveritLive lets you talk to your customers, fans, press or investors in a compelling and controlled fashion. As a result CoveritLive-powered Chat Events provide the perfect Facebook presence for many of our users. CoveritLive runs natively in Facebook, which makes it easy to set up and host Chat Events there. Furthermore Facebook Chat Events are engaging and informative without breaking the unwritten rule that says Facebook isn’t for business.
Learn how Brands are using CiL & Facebook
Ready to get started? It's easy to add a single CoveritLive event, a LiveContentWall or a CoverPage to Facebook. Adding a single event is a good option for users only wanting to promote an individual live event, if you want to embed a LiveContentWall, or for those who intend to manage which events are published to Facebook on an ongoing basis. CoverPages are a great option for users who intend to run multiple live event Streams which they'd like to be instantly published to Facebook.
Follow the usage notes and Step-by-Step instructions below to add your event to Facebook.
- Sign in to Facebook: Before performing any linking with Facebook you should first login to Facebook as a user with admin access to the page you'll be adding CoveritLive to.
- Create a Facebook Page: You must have a Facebook Page already set up for it to appear in the "Facebook Pages" list in CoveritLive. If you are logged into Facebook but do not have any Facebook pages then this list will be blank.
- Publish your Facebook Page: Although not necessary, the Facebook page you're linking CoveritLive to should be published. Linking will work for unpublished Facebook pages, however some internal CoveritLive messaging which relys on the Facebook page's name will not appear correctly. This will not effect the linking process or what you're readers will see once the Facebook page is public, however you will see an "unpublished" warning next to any unpublished Facebook pages.
- Setting Event Width: The width of the embedded event will automatically size to fill up the width of the Facebook page.
- Setting Event Height: The height of the embedded event can be set using the Height setting in the EventDesigner. For example if you want to use Infinite Height (highly recommended!) set this under the appriopriate tab (Stream or Wall) and click "Save" and this setting will be picked up on your Facebook page.
- Limit One Event per Page: You can only link one event to a Facebook page. If you want to feature multiple events we recommend using CoverPages (see below)
Adding a Single Event or LiveContentWall
- Build an Event: Log in to your CoveritLive account and build a new event as you normally would. (Tip! If you want to run a long running event or embed a LiveContentWall we recommend selecting Ticker as the event type.)
Activate Facebook Page Option: When you reach the second step of the build process you will see a section titled, Publishing Options. In this section turn on the "Add to a Facebook Page" option.
- Login to Facebook: If prompted, login to Facebook with a user who is a Facebook administrator of the page that you would like to add the event to.
- Select the Event View: Once you are logged into Facebook you will be able to select the event "View" - Stream OR Wall. This is how your event will display to your Readers. A Stream works great for Facebook Chats and Live Blogs and LiveContentWalls work great for more visual displays.
- Select a Facebook page: Next you will be able to select the Facebook page that you want to add your event to. (NOTE: You must have a Facebook Page already set up for it to appear in the "Facebook Pages" list in CoveritLive. If you are logged into Facebook but do not have any Facebook pages or you are not an Admin of the page then this list will be blank.)
- Set a Page Tab Image: Under "Current Page Tab Image" you can choose an image which will become the link to the event on your Facebook page. You upload a custom image or use the default version we provide.
- Set the Event Height: The width of the embedded event will automatically size to fill up the width of a standard Facebook page. The height however can be customized using the Height setting in the EventDesigner. If you want to use Infinite Height (highly recommended!) set this under the appriopriate tab View (Stream or Wall) and click "Save" and this setting will be picked up on your Facebook page event.
- Save Changes: Save your changes to your event by clicking the "Save" button at the very bottom of the Build page.
- Your event should now be available from your Facebook page. Please note that you will need to refresh the Facebook page to see any new changes and it occasionally takes a few minutes before the changes are applied.
Removing a linked Event
- Locate your event from the Upcoming or Live Event Listings and click "Edit Event Details".
- Scroll down to the Publishing Options > "Add to a Facebook Page" section.
- If prompted, login to Facebook with a user who is a Facebook administrator of the page you want to manage.
- Under "Select your Facebook Pages"" you will see a list of the Facebook pages associated with your Facebook account. To unlink one of the pages turn the option to "Off".
- Save Changes: Save your changes to your event by clicking the "Save" button at the very bottom of the page. After completing this step the CoveritLive event should be removed from your Facebook page. Please note that you will need to refresh the Facebook page to see the changes and it occasionally takes a few minutes before the changes are applied.
Adding a CoverPage
*CoverPages use the Legacy Embed Code and are not available for LiveContentWall.
- Select an existing CoverPage or create a new one (Extras > CoverPages).
Once a CoverPage has been selected click the link Click to add this CoverPage to a Facebook page.
This is located at the very bottom of the page.
- If prompted, login to Facebook with a user who is a Facebook administrator of the page you'd like to link the event to.
- Select the Facebook Page to which you'd like to add the CoverPage and click Add Page Tab.
- Next you will choose an image which will become the link to the CoverPage on your Facebook page. Choose a custom image or use the default version we provide. Save your changes.
- Your CoverPage should now be available from your Facebook page. Please note that it occasionally takes a few minutes before the event appears.
- Note: Each event must be published to your CoverPage for it to appear. Learn more about CoverPages
Removing a linked CoverPage
- Navigate to the CoverPage configuration page.
- Locate and click the Update Facebook Pages link at the very bottom of the page.
A dialog will appear with a listing of the Facebook Pages you manage.
Any Facebook pages which are already linked are noted by a checkmark next to the page name.
Deselect the FB page you wish to remove the CoveritLive embed from and save your changes. After completing this step the CoveritLive event should be removed from your Facebook page.
Search & Publish Facebook Posts
Use the EventStudio Facebook Search to quickly search Facebook for relevant and real-time Facebook posts, and easily publish them to your Live Event or LiveContentWall. CoveritLive uses the Facebook API to search through recent public Facebook posts. Plus we added additional server-side filtering to ensure quality results.
To get started simply select the "Search" tab in EventStudio and click on the Facebook icon:
To Search Facebook Pages use the "Search FB Pages" tab and enter a Page name. A List of relevant pages will be displayed. Select a page and Facebook Search Results will be shown including recent "Posts" on that Page. A Facebook post is defined as "An individual entry in a profile's feed". Check "Include Images" to include posts with images in your results.
To Search a Facebook Comment Plugin use the "Search Comments Box" tab and enter a URL with Facebook Comments. The URL entered must not be located on Facebook itself, but rather a URL which contains a Facebook Comment Plugin. Not sure what a Facebook Comment Plugin is? Read this. This is a great feature for searching and publishing Facebook comments embedded on your own website.
To Publish a Facebook item: Mouseover the post and click the (+) icon. Once published the Facebook item will disappear from the Search area and appear live in your event.
Learn More: How to use EventStudio Search to publish social content
Sharing Facebook Content
Facebook Sharing allows Readers to share event content and is an excellent feature for increasing your live event traffic and promoting your brand. When a Reader selects to share an event item with their Facebook friends, those friends will also be able to view the title of your live event and a click a direct link to your event location on your website.
How does it work?
- When a Reader mouses directly mouses over an event content item (this currently includes writer comments, reader comments, Tweets, images and completed Polls) a “Share on FB” button will appear.
- Reader clicks the button and is prompted to login to their Facebook account. The Reader can preview and add a message before publishing the content.
- The published item appears on the Reader's Facebook News Feed and on the Reader’s Facebook wall.
- Facebook friends can view the shared item, and can easily click through to YOUR live event; driving traffic back to your website.
Drive Facebook traffic back to your live event