Pinning is a great way to quickly feature important content during your live event. Quickly post an introduction to your event or a key news update. Add an important video or image to help frame your event or story. Pinning makes it easy to highlight crucial information in a format that is easily seen by all Readers.
How to Pin
Pinning now works on both a Stream (Viewer Window) and a Wall (LiveContentWall). Up to three pieces of content can be pinned.
- To Pin a Post - Mouseover the existing item in EventStudio and click . Pin any published or unpublished post; including comments, images, videos, Tweets, or any media source. Pin up to three items at once. (Note: Polls, Newsflashes and Scoreboards appear in the Notification Center and can't currently be "Pinned".)
- Create a New Pin - Write a new Pinned post by using the Pinning textbox (available from the Pinning menu). Simply click in the textbox to open. The Pinning textbox includes a RichText editor and supports HTML. Use the "Add Event Media" link to upload images (with or without captions) or videos.
- Manage Pins - The Pinning menu (accessible by clicking the Pin icon above the Live Event viewer) lets you customize the order of the items and add/remove Pins at anytime.
Pin Appearance (Stream)
The layout and appearance of items pinned to a Stream is dependent on the Pinboard Appearance setting you choose when you create the event Embed Code (using the EventDesigner).
- If Pinboard is turned ON then Pinned items will appear highlighted in a dedicated "Pinboard" area above the Viewer Window.
- If Pinboard is turned OFF then Pins will appear at the top of the event, within the Viewer Window.
- The Pinboard is an effective tool to draw attention to featured content. However if you have height restrictions we recommend turning Pinboard 'Off'.
- To customize the style of your Pinboard you can override the default CSS. To learn more please email support.
Pin Appearance (LiveContentWall)
When a post is pinned to a LiveContentWall it will persistently appear at the Top + Left column; ensuring it is seen by all Readers. This is a great feature for highlighting a post or featuring an Ad or sponsorship. Showing Pinned items is optional and can be turned on/off from the EventDesigner as needed. Click here to learn how to Pin a Post.
- If Pinboard is turned ON then Pinned items will appear at the top left. The number of columns your Wall has will impact the position.
- If Pinboard is turned OFF then Pins will NOT appear on the Wall.
- The Pinboard is an effective tool to draw attention to featured content. However if you have strict height restrictions and are using a single or double column then we recommend turning Pinboard 'Off' or limiting the number of pins to ensure that the regular published items can still be seen by your Readers.