Release Notes for Version 3.17 - November 26, 2013
CoveritLive is proud to announce our newest real-time product — LiveContentWall. LiveContentWall makes it easy to create a dynamic and highly visual social wall experience for any live event. Curate social content from Twitter and Instagram, and publish along with your own original comments and images; all posts are displayed instantly in a tiled wall format. As with all CoveritLive events, all of your real-time content is curated, moderated and published using EventStudio. Use LiveContentWall to consolidate your social media channels, as well as add additional real-time updates to keep viewers informed. It's a great way to showcase your social media feeds, create a Tweet Wall, visualize a hashtag campaign, or create a social Photo wall. There's tons of great ways to use LiveContentWall. Best of all, LiveContentWall is available to all CoveritLive users right now! Learn More
The new CoveritLive EventDesigner, allows you to easily customize all of your live event experiences. With only a few clicks you can use the EventDesigner (available when you build your event) to generate the experience that best fits your needs. EventDesigner includes multiple display options, including the ability to customize dimensions, appearance and content types. When you change any of the options, the generated event embed code is automatically updated. You can generate as many different versions of the embed code as required; allowing you to easily syndicate your event, or to display multiple views of the same event! For example, by using the new View setting you can display your event as a real-time Stream (published content appears in a linear view) and as a LiveContentWall (published content appears in tiled social wall format). With EventDesigner it's incredibly easy for anyone to build an engaging live experience. Learn More
Release Notes for Version 3.15 - October 23, 2013
Replies - A Great New Tool for Q&A
Q&A sessions and live chats are one of CoveritLive's most popular types of events. Our latest "Reply" feature improves the live chat workflow by allowing Writers to publish a direct response to any published or unpublished post, including comments, images and Tweets. This makes it a great feature for hosted Q&A sessions since it allows Writers to directly answer submitted questions, and then publish both the question and answer together into the event. Multiple Panelists (with SmartStream access) can also create panel discussions by replying to the same item at one time. To make collaboration easy, the built in notification feature let's everyone knows when a fellow contributor is replying. Learn More
Save to SmartStream
Ever have a comment you wanted to write in advance and then queue up for publishing later? Are there times when your Producer wants to control all publishing? Using the new "Save to SmartStream" comment box, you can now post a comment directly into the SmartStream where it can be seen by other contributors, and then published later as needed during the event. This is a great feature for submitting comments to your Producer for approval, or for posing a question to a Panelist with SmartStream access. Learn More
Panelist Console Access
Panelists are contributors with access to a simplified version of EventStudio. Now when you invite a Panelist to join your event you can set a specific access level to determine what tools they can use in EventStudio. Learn More
- Basic: By default all Panelists have "Basic" access. Basic Panelists can view the Live Event viewer, and publish their own comments to the event. Panelists also have access to basic settings, including the ability to customize their Display Name and Avatar. In addition, Panelists can Private Message other event contributors.
- SmartStream: Panelists with "SmartStream" access can do everything that "Basic" Panelists can do, plus they also have access to the SmartStream. From the SmartStream they can Publish, Reply to, and Tag any item in the SmartStream, including unpublished Reader Comments. They also have access to the new "Save to SmartStream" feature, which allows them to post comments directly to the SmartStream for publishing later (which is a great feature if you want Panelists to submit comments to the Producer for approval).
New Photo Slideshow
Back in April we made changes to give your Readers bigger and better images that automatically adapt and resize based on the width of the Viewer Window. Now Readers can also click any image and view a full screen Slideshow display; allowing them to easily navigate through all of your event images (including images from Twitter and Instagram). This new SlideShow feature comes standard with all events when you use the new enhanced embed code.
Check out the Slideshow in action!
Avatar Upload Tool
Have an image that you want to use for an Avatar, but don't have an editing program to size it correctly? Our new Avatar upload tool includes new options that allow you to easily resize, drag and position your image to ensure that your Avatar looks great in every event. Try it out by turning on "Avatars" and then uploading a new Avatar from your "Settings" tab in EventStudio.
Viewer Window Enhancements
The icons on the Viewer Window allow your Readers to control settings in the event. Settings include turning sound on/off, using the translation tools, and sharing your event on Twitter. In our latest release we updated these icons to provide a cleaner display across all events.
Invoice Notification for Subscription Users
For all self-service accounts, the Enterprise Administrator can always access their monthly account invoices by logging into their CoveritLive account and going to: My Account > Invoices. From this Invoices page Administrators can review all Invoice details and update billing information. Some users have asked about an easier way to save their invoices, so now we've added an option to view and download each invoice as a PDF. In addition we will also now be sending out invoice notifications each month by email. Remember to keep your email on file up to date in order to receive these notifications (you can update it from your My Profile page). We hope these updates will help make account management easier for our Subscription users.
Still using CiL Classic? You're missing out!
If you're still using CiL Classic to manage your events then you're missing out on all of our latest features. In order to encourage users to switch to EventStudio, all users still using CiL Classic will now be prompted to make a console selection everytime they launch an event. Need some more motivation to switch? CiL Classic will be officially retired on Jan. 14. 2014. Want to try the new console but not sure how to use EventStudio? Check out our EventStudio Support page to learn how. As always - if you have questions, concerns or feedback please contact us and share your thoughts!
Release Notes for Version 3.10 - August 28th, 2013
Pinning - Featured Content
Looking for a way to highlight key information in a format that is
seen by all your Readers? Our new Pinning feature (available for to all users using the new embed code) makes it easy to
quickly feature important content during your live event. Use Pinning
to quickly post an introduction or a key news update. Add an important
video or image to help frame your story. Using EventStudio you can
pin any published or unpublished post; including comments, images,
videos, Tweets or any media source. The layout and appearance of Pinned items can be customized by changing the Pinboard Appearance setting; allowing you to have your pins appear either in an external 'Pinboard' or directly within the Viewer Window. Learn More about Pinning
New Embed Code
CoveritLive has launched a new enhanced Embed Code! The next time you build an event you will notice the new embed code (along with new embed settings) available from the "Installing the Viewer Window" section.
The advantage of this new script-based embed code (over the legacy embed code) is that it can be easily customized to change the dimensions and the appearance of the Viewer Window. Appearance settings include Title Page, Pinboard, New Entries at Top and Skins. Dimension settings allow you to set a specific height and width or select a responsive design option for 100% width or infinite height.
When you change the settings provided, the embed code script is automatically updated. You can generate different versions of the embed code as required for your specific usage; allowing syndicated events to utilize different display options. When you are happy with your embed code settings, simply copy and paste the final embed code onto your site where you want your event to appear. Learn More about the New Embed Code
Responsive Design Options
Responsive design has become an important feature for our users. We're happy to announce that the new embed code allows users to easily set responsive dimension settings. When enabled the Viewer Window will automatically resize; ensuring your event looks great from all web, mobile and tablet browsers.
- 100% Width: If you would like the width of your Viewer Window to automatically expand to take up 100% of the space available to it then we recommend turning 'ON' the 100% Width setting in the new embed code designer. Enabling this option provides an updated version of the embed code that includes a parameter instructing the Viewer Window to automatically expand according to the container. This means that the Viewer Window would be able to automatically resize to appear wider on your website, and then resize as needed for your optimized mobile or tablet solution.
- Infinite Height: If you would like your Viewer Window to automatically increase in height (as new content is added) then we recommend using the Infinite Height option. If enabled, the Viewer Window will continue to take up additional height as new posts are added (enabling infinite scroll).
Instagram Video Support
EventStudio's search & discover feature allows users to easily search for and publish Instagram photos. Now in our latest release we've added support for Instagram videos too! By default now all Instagram searches will return both images and videos relating to the search term. You can preview Instagram videos right in your console before publishing. If you would rather not display videos simply uncheck the "Include Videos" link.
Single Sign On
CoveritLive now supports seamless Single Sign On (SSO). Users logged into your site can automatically be logged into any CoveritLive event, without having to login multiple times. This feature is currently only available for Custom Accounts. Please contact your Account Manager for more information.
Media Library Enhancements
The Media Library is your own personal online storage area for media items such as Images, Video and Polls. To make it easier to manage your content you can now delete any Media Library item directly from the EventStudio onboard Media Library. Simply mouse over the item and click the delete icon. This allows you to easily clean up your library and remove any unnecessary clutter. If you tend to prepare for your event by adding pre-written text before the event, you will be happy to know that you can now edit all Pre-Written Text right from EventStudio. Simply select the text item from your "Pre-Written Text" folder in your onboard Media Library and click the 'Edit' icon. Type in your edits and then click Save. Whenever you are ready to publish simply publish your text as needed. Adding Pre-Written Text is an excellent way to prepare questions or comments for high volume events.
Release Notes for Version 3.09 - July 10, 2013
SmartStream Display Option
The EventStudio SmartStream lets you review and organize all of your content from across multiple sources; before publishing. In our latest release we added a Display option to the SmartStream which allows users to reverse the default display order. By default all SmartStream items appear with the newest items at top; so that you always see the most recent real-time content first. For most users this is the preferred display for managing a live event. However for specific use cases (such as those Producers publishing the majority of reader comments during an extremely high volume event) it can be useful to view the oldest comments at top (doing so means the stream of items does not move when a new comment arrives; which is how CiL Classic appears). If you are interested in using this new option simply select "Oldest at Top" from the new Display menu which appears at the top of the SmartStream. A few things to note before you try it out:
- Having items display "Newest at Top" is still the order we highly recommend for most events. Keep in mind that by switching the order you won't immediately view the most recent comments, auto-tweets or tagged items. If you are managing a high volume of comments we first recommend trying the Pause / Play feature to manage incoming content. When the stream is paused no new content will enter the stream, however a notification will appear at the top indicating the number of new items in the queue. i.e. "8 New Items". Click play to resume the stream and any new items will automatically be added to your SmartStream. The SmartStream filters also allow you to view only specific content types for easier management.
- If you are using Tagging to collaborate with other users then we don't recommend reversing the display order. This is because newly tagged items will appear at the bottom of the stream where they can be easily missed.
- Switching the display order will only impact your own SmartStream display in EventStudio. Any fellow Producers using their own EventStudio will not be impacted.
Release Notes for Version 3.08 - June 17, 2013
Improved Media Captions
EventStudio makes it easy to upload Images on-the-fly for instant real-time publishing. Many users like to include captions with their images so we've improved the work flow to make this even easier. Now when you upload an image a Media Caption box will appear, allowing you to quickly add caption text. We've also added a built-in Rich-Text Editor so you can customize your caption text size, color, style and easily add HTML or direct links to external sites. This is a great option for journalists posting an image to draw Readers to a related editorial article, or for brands who want to link directly to a purchase page. (Tip! If you want the image itself to be clickable with no caption, then we recommend adding your image as an inline Ad)
YouTube Playback Options
We've had some users tell us they want YouTube videos to auto-play when published, and others who want Readers to control playback. As a result we've added a new setting to allow Writers and Producers complete control over this setting. By default YouTube videos will not Auto-Play (Readers can click to play, just like when they watch a YouTube video elsewhere on the web). However for those users that want their video to instantly play, they can easily turn Auto-Play "ON" from the EventStudio "Settings" tab. The setting can also be switched on and off throughout the event as needs change. Using the Auto-Play option is a great way to easily feature inline Video Ads, or to ensure all Readers are watching a video at the same time. Learn more about adding Video
Media Library - File Management
In the EventStudio onboard Media Library it's easy to browse your collection of uploaded images or videos for publishing during your event. To make management even easier we now also display the title for all Images and Videos (if no title is added then the filename will appear). This is helpful if you are collaborating with others and need to refer to a name. Learn more about the Media Library
Private Messaging Badges
EventStudio has built in private messaging for collaborating with other Panelists and Producers during your event. However we know that sometimes you may be busy doing other things when a message arrives, so now we've added message badges. That way you can easily see how many new messages are waiting to be read.
Twitter Language Settings
In our April release we've added the ability to specify a language filter for Auto-Tweets and now we've also added a Language Setting for Twitter Search keywords. You can select to "Include All' or filter by 14 specific languages. This is helpful to narrow down results when searching for a popular keyword. (Please note that the language selection is currently based on the profile associated with the poster's Twitter account. As Twitter improves their language search capabilities we will too!)
Login with your Email Address
You can now use your email address to login to your account. Simply enter the email address associated with your CoveritLive account, along with your password to login. Of course if you'd rather, you can still use your username just as you always have. Not sure what email you have associated with your account? You can always view or update your profile information from the My Profile page.
New Options for Subscription Plans
We've added additional options for our monthly Subscription Plans to make it even easier for users to customize their plans to their changing needs. We've also added Account Notifications so Enterprise Administrators always know what upcoming changes are pending. Here's an overview of the changes:
- When Upgrading your plan you can select for the upgrade to begin either "Immediately" or "Next Month". Setting the plan to begin next month is helpful if you know your organization is covering a major event and you don't want to forget to upgrade your plan in advance.
- When you select to Upgrade your plan from CiL Trial to a paid Pricing plan, you are now able to specify if you want "full" or "pro-rated" clicks for the 1st month. If you select "full" then you will have access to the full number of clicks available in your plan, and will pay the full monthly price. If you select "Pro-Rated" then for the first month the number of clicks and the price of the plan will be pro-rated based on the number of days left in the month. (Note: You must select "immediately" as your start date to access the pro-rated option).
- Since you pay for your Subscription month in advance, downgrading only affects the next month's billing and pricing plan. However now when Downgrading you can select for the downgrade to begin either the next month, or any of the following 11 months. This is helpful if your event coverage is seasonal and you don't want to forget to downgrade to a lower plan (or to CiL Trial) at the end of the season.
- If you have set Upcoming Changes for your plan (such as an upcoming downgrade for the following month) you can now easily cancel it yourself, without contacting Customer Service. This is helpful if your CoveritLive usage plans change. To cancel a plan simply click "Cancel Changes" from your upcoming plan notification. (Notifications for upcoming changes will appear on the My Account and Invoices page for Enterprise Account Administrators).
- More questions about our Subscription Plans? View our FAQs
Release Notes for Version 3.07 - May 7, 2013
PGA Live Golf
PGA Tour Golf is now available on the Live Scoreboard, allowing you to easily display live data for all the PGA Golf tournaments. Live Scores automatically displays the latest scores and data from your tournament or championship of choice, making it easier than ever to offer up-to-the-minute coverage. Your Readers can even select favorite players to watch. To add Live Golf to your next event, launch EventStudio and select the Scoreboard tab. Select "Live Scores" and choose "PGAGOLF - PGA Tour Golf" from the league drop-down. A date drop-down will appear allowing you to select the tournament name and date. Publish the Scoreboard and it instantly goes live, allowing your Readers to stay automatically updated on all the plays! Learn More
Release Notes for Version 3.05 - April 18, 2013
Post & Tweet
Need to speak to your event Readers and your Twitter audience at the same time? Our new Post & Tweet feature let's you simultaneously publish content to your event and to your Twitter feed, all without ever leaving EventStudio. It's easy to turn on/off on-the-fly, letting you quickly pick and choose which event posts to share with your Twitter followers. Learn More
Twitter UI Enhancements
We know that Twitter plays an important part of your live events and that's why we updated the Twitter interface to make it even easier to incorporate fresh and relevant Tweets. Use Auto-Tweet to automatically publish trusted Tweets right to your event, or choose to moderate your Tweets when you require pre-approval. Our range of filters allow you to easily control the content and cut through the Twitter noise; including the ability to filter based on keywords, hashtags, top-tweets, @replies, retweets, links, images, and languages. And as always, our robust Twitter Search feature let's you quickly discover and publish relevant and real-time Twitter content and commentary. Learn More
More Social Sharing
As a new Social Sharing option, your Readers now have the opportunity to easily share individual event posts right to Twitter. This helps to drive Twitter traffic back to your live events and is great for promoting your live event and your brand. To make use of this feature make sure your turn on "Social Sharing" when creating your next event.
Bigger, Bolder Images
We've made some changes to give your Readers bigger and better images! Now regardless of the device your Readers are using, published images will automatically adapt and resize based on the width of the Viewer Window. This means your Readers always see big beautiful images. Learn more about Images
Want to feature Vine Videos in your event? Simply publish the Vine URL from the comment box and the video will appear embedded in your Viewer Window.
Channel Page Improvements
Channel Pages deliver SEO-Optimized and customizable solutions for your CoveritLive Events, and now we've made them even better. Our updated Channel Pages now include infinite scrolling, reader comments at the top, and an overall cleaner and more customizable interface. Learn more about ChannelPages
Stats Dashboard Update
We updated the individual Stat dashboard to include Average Reader Duration and Total Readers > 1min. This allows you to more quickly analyze the stats from individual events. As always, you can access the dashboard by clicking the stat icon associated with the event from the Stats & Analytics page.
Learn more about Stats
Release Notes for Version 3.02 - March 5, 2013
CoveritLive uses Twitter's real-time streaming API in order to provide fast, reliable Twitter integration. As of March 5th 2013, Twitter requires authorization for all API requests and as a result, CoveritLive users must now be logged into a Twitter account before using any Twitter-related features. Linking your Twitter account with CoveritLive also logs you onto Twitter, which allows you to use Twitter functionality seamlessly within your live events. You can "link" or "unlink" your Twitter account at anytime from your "My Profile" page. Once linked, you will be able to use CoveritLive's Twitter search and Auto-Tweet just as you always have. Learn More
We recently launched some improvements to SmartStream in EventStudio. In addition to pausing the SmartStream, you can now separately select to view any additional "New Items" that have accumulated without unpausing the stream. Previously the pause/play and new items were one in the same. Here's how it now works: As new items come into the paused SmartStream, the number in the 'New Items" notification bar will increment to notify you of new content. Clicking on the bar will immediately display any queued items that have accumulated, while keeping the SmartStream paused. Clicking "Play" again will display any queued items, and also unpause the SmartStream. These changes should make it easier to manage a large volume of incoming comments. Learn more about SmartStream
Czech is now Available
Our friends in the Czech Republic can celebrate! CoveritLive has just added Czech as a language display option. CoveritLive now offers a total of 16 display languages. Learn more about CiL Language Options
Release Notes for Version 3.0 - February 5, 2013
The new CoveritLive Console features a fully redesigned event management experience and tons of new features. We've streamlined the interface and simplified the work flow, which makes it a breeze to source content, add context and manage your live events. Drag and drop items right from your computer or directly from a search source for instant publishing. View live data trends with improved access to real-time event statistics right from the console. Here are some more of the amazing new features available in EventStudio:
- SmartStream, our new moderation queue, lets you review and organize all of your content from across multiple sources to quickly collaborate, filter, sort and publish with ease. SmartStream also makes it easier to manage a high volume of Reader Comments (check out the new pause/play feature!) and let's you quickly tag and search all of your curated content. You can filter based on comment type (e.g. comments with images, email comments, etc.) or search for a specific reference. For example - if you're running an event covering the Packers game and want to find reader comments and Tweets that mention quarterback Aaron Rodgers, simply enter his name as a search term. This makes it easy to source relevant content and keep your Readers engaged.
- We know live social commentary is becoming increasingly important and that's why we've added a new Search feature to quickly discover and curate content from Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and more. We've also enhanced our Twitter tools with new filters and moderation options which make it easy to source the top Tweets and the most relevant social commentary for all of your live events.
- Sports users have a lot to celebrate with our latest release. We've completely redesigned the Scoreboards so they not only look great but they also make it easier than ever to offer up-to-the-minute coverage. Try our new Live Scores feature, which auto-populates the Scoreboard with updates throughout the game. Scores and major plays are visually highlighted so fans are kept up-to-date on the game action, while allowing you to focus on the commentary.
- If like many users, you work with other colleagues to manage your live event, our latest release has made it even easier to coordinate and communicate. Producers have full access to EventStudio including the new SmartStream and the enhanced onboard Media Library. We've introduced tagging and filtering which allow you to manage large amounts of content while quickly collaborating with others. We've added notification so you always know when a new Panelist or Producer has joined the event. CoveritLive has long since featured an internal chat option, but for this release we streamlined the interface; allowing you to quickly private message other contributors who may be running the event from afar.
- Lastly, while the old Console has always worked on the iPad, the new Console works beautifully with a touch screen and offers a superior iPad experience. (Or if you prefer to use your smartphone, download our free CiL iPhone App or Android App)
We believe EventStudio’s new interface and enhanced functionality make it easier than ever to source compelling content and create dynamic live events. We hope you think so too and look forward to your feedback!
P.S. The old Writer's console (now called "CiL Classic Console") will remain available so you can continue running events as you do today, giving you the opportunity to familiarize yourself with EventStudio before making the switch. You can even easily switch between consoles during an event.
Viewer Window Enhancements
Our latest release includes several updates to the Viewer Window. The first one you will likely notice is the change to the Reader comment area. To make more room for your event commentary, we've made the Reader comment box collapsible. By default your Readers will now see a sleeker comment field (which reads, "Send questions or comments"). When a Reader clicks in the text field to comment, the comment box automatically opens up giving them additional room to write and submit their comments.
The Notification Center (home to your Polls, Scoreboards, Newsflash, etc.) also received a redesign to go along with our new Scoreboards. A scroll area now appears above the main notification item to display alternate items for each section. If you have multiple notification items activated, then Readers can easily click any of the associated icons to switch between views. As always, when you update or publish a new item, then that item will immediately display for all Readers. This allows you to publish crucial information front-and-center for your Readers, without interrupting your event commentary.
Lastly, we have improved the experience for non Title Page events by removing the "Click for Live Updates" button. When the Title Page is turned off, all event posts and new updates will automatically display without requiring Readers' to interact with the Viewer Window.
Release Notes for Version 2.57 - October 12, 2012
We've standardized our mobile Viewer Window to include the same features as the desktop Viewer Window. This means that by default, your mobile Readers will now get the exact same experience as your desktop Readers! We know that your viewers will love the familiarity and features of the desktop version on their mobile devices. If preferred - the mobile version is still accessible via our new smartphone icon in the lower toolbar of the Viewer Window. The mobile Viewer Window also got some enhancements of its own - the viewer window now expands to use full screen on large screen Android devices and tablets. iOS users can now submit large attachments from the desktop and mobile Viewer Windows.
Release Notes for Version 2.56 - August 23, 2012
Super User (Enterprise Accounts)
As an Enterprise Account Administrator you can now access all your member's accounts and events. Learn more in CoveritLive's Support Center.
Custom Ad Code Support in Templates
Easily setup ad campaigns to run across multiple events, or your entire organization, by configuring them up once in a Custom Template.
Release Notes for Version 2.55 - August 9, 2012
ChannelPages are a SEO optimized and customizable home for CoveritLive events. They're simple to get started, designed to be indexed by major search engines and include all of CoveritLive's great features.
Learn more in CoveritLive's Support Center.
Release Notes for Version 2.51 - July 16, 2012
We've enhanced the look of all new Tweets that get published in your events. All published Tweets will now have an updated look that includes the users real avatar and Twitter name. There is also more functionality - users now have the ability to reply, favorite and retweet. In addition to our support for yFrog and TwitPic, we've added support for Twitter's native picture sharing service.
We've also made some improvements to our Twitter list processing. Events following lists will now update much more frequently than ever before.
As a reminder, all Twitter capabilities are included in CoveritLive at no additional charge.
*In order to comply with updated Twitter guidelines, we've had to remove Facebook sharing for tweets.
Release Notes for Version 2.5 - May 30, 2012
Our New Look!
If you are reading this page, you no doubt have already noticed that CoveritLive has a fresh new look, but the looks are not superficial, as many new features have been added to help meet our customer’s needs.
Previously, we've negotiated individual pricing on a customer-by-customer basis. We now have four plans that will suit the majority of our users. Simply pick a plan that matches your usage and signup online. There is no long term commitment and you can upgrade or downgrade your plan at any time. If none of the plans meet your needs, we still offer custom pricing. Click here to get all the details on the new plans.
CoveritLive has also simplified its product selection. CoveritLive no longer has CiL Basic, CiL Premium, feature restrictions, etc. All users that do not have a paid subscription are now part of the full-featured CiL Trial plan. This plan allows users to try out CoveritLive and get 25 free clicks per-month, without payment, for as long as they desire. Additionally, all advertising within the event window has been removed, so event viewers can continue to receive updates without having to wait.
During your next account login you will notice that the My Account Dashboard has received a complete overhaul. We have constructed four distinct areas of the most relevant information for an account.
Account Details: The dashboard provides a summary glimpse of your account, what plan you have selected, how to upgrade, number of members, how to manage and your real-time monthly usage.
Current Usage Graphs: How are your monthly clicks doing? Select all members of your account or review individual members to see who is contributing to your total and how. Review previous months to see how your business is growing. This data is real-time, as readers attend your events the data will be updated live.
Real-time Notifications: Critical information that is required while working with CoveritLive is brought to your immediate attention. Issues with Twitter? CiL will let you know right away. Account notifications requiring attention? This information will appear and once the issue is resolved, the notifications will be removed.
CoveritLive Messages: CoveritLive always has things to say and messages to deliver that allow users to get the most out of the software. Instead of sending streams of emails, the information will be posted in the dashboard where it can be read and investigated at the user’s leisure.
We've always provided stats on readers, replays, durations, etc., but now the bar has been raised. CoveritLive now provides data trends during live events. See how the number of clicks changed during an event. View how many concurrent readers were watching throughout the event. See what percentage of readers stayed for what length of time during an event.
You might be thinking, "The new stats are great, but wish I had some of this data for my older events". Fortunately, CoveritLive has not thrown anything away. A large amount of data was extracted from the old logs and files in order to allow users to compare data from older events to more recent events. There is some new data that we are currently gathering that was not collected in the past, so some categories will only have new data. CoveritLive will let users know if we do not have their data from older events, but users will be pleasantly surprised as to how much data has been kept from past events.
The graphs look great, but would it be possible to acquire raw data and do my own analysis? This is not an issue and we provide you with two options for raw data analysis.
- The CSV export from the stats page allows users to export all high level data in a format that can be used in most spreadsheet packages.
- Acquire all of the minor details by using the API to make your own requests and get all of the specifics for any event you choose. Click here to read the details.
Are we missing some data that you think would help you manage or justify running your events?
Contact us and let us know.
Facebook is the perfect place to host your CoveritLive events - and now we've made it easier than ever before. You can now add your CoveritLive events and CoverPages to Facebook with one simple click. To find out more about how to use CoveritLive with Facebook, click here.
CoveritLive has launched a new blog with insights and illustrations of best use cases to better communicate with our customers. The blog sits on Pluck's Social Media platform and demonstrates how CoveritLive continues to integrate with Demand Media properties. Click here to read the latest blog entries.
Here are some of the other enhancements available in this release.
- Account Administrators can now manage members through a Super User Login that allows administrators to log in as any of the account's members.
- Several new API calls have been added to allow users to extract and post comments.
- Users now have access to better search capabilities in the Live Listings, so readers can more easily find events when visiting CoveritLive.com.